Monday, November 20, 2006

Grey Inspiration

The reason I love grey might have something to do with the fact that I am a libra, and I love a median, something in between black and white, something that is moderate and gentle but yet beautiful. Grey also reminds me of the school days, when I was in boarding school in Hong Kong. Back then, I used to wear uniforms to school, and now I realized that a lot of girls were using their sweater to make their own fashion statement. It was interesting that I remember how I used to think how come the same old uniform sweater look so much cooler on one girl than the other? And I also remember seeing some über skinny girl wearing this XL sweater to school - which I didn't realize it actually is cool.

Anyways, I suspect this might be one of the inspiration for Stella McCartney's 2006 fall collection. I love the navy grey she is using to match with different shades of grey - or simply different shades of grey together.

I recently found this grey sweater at Charlotte Russe (yes, I do shop at budget girlie store like this!) I was attracted by the puffed bat shaped sleeves on the upper arm and fitted on the lower arm, and the big v neck and loose fit on the body. I couldn't find a small or even a medium, but to my surprise I loved the fit in a size large! And on top of that it was half priced and cost a lovely 11 bucks...11 bucks!!! I couldn't even take the train to get home for $11! So there it is, I was wearing this with a demin mini skirt, black tights and boots from Target by Isaac Mizrahi. (see Shoes Shoes Shoes...)

2 comments:

min said...

hey hey,

where did you get your tights from?

libraStar said...

Oh...those are actually from Hong Kong...I bought them on the street! they are very durable and great! :)