Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shoes Shoes Shoes...

Fashionistas are always in a quest of finding the perfect shoes for...well, every single outfits and every single circumstances. Which will vaguely includes: walkable work shoes, walkable and cool work shoes, shopping shoes (that could mean 10+ different kinds), running shoes, tennis shoes, beach flops, red carpet ready high heels, showoffy fashion shoes (diff from season to season, tho could be reused), that classic black shoes (and thats also a whole different category).

Actually referring back to the "walkable work shoes and walkable + cool work shoes" I realized that actually wearing walkable shoes to work is not really all that important. Especially for OLs. The time they spend walking on the street when shopping during a nice satuaday would definitely exceed the time they spend walking on the street from monday to friday on work days.

Well, for this season I was mostly deciding on: walkable and cool work shoes, classic boots, and shoes.

nmx00et_mp Brian Atwood $620, what a beautiful patent shoes! It was worn by quite a few celebrities already such as Mischa Barton, totally adorable with little demure mini-dress. Since my savings is close to non-existance...this is a no deal for me...

targetboots And then there is this suede (not as hot as patent) ankle boots by Isaac Mizrahi for Taget (yes there is this designer + lower-end brand cross over thing) that cost $43 (plus shipping). I like the look of it but was doubting the quality, but when it shipped to me finally I was surprised to experience that all around padding and softness of the boots. It is definitely one of my great find at a great price! :) now I am considering getting the brown one as well...

Speaking of the Designer + lower-end brand cross over thing...I have been seeing alot of that recently, it is definitely a very good boost for both the designer and the lower end company, the famous ones like H&M with Stella McCartney and Karl Largerfeld; for shoes there are Imitation of Christ designer Tara Subkoff for Easy Spirit, Vivienne Westwood and Thakoon for Nine West, and Isaac Mizrahi for Target...etc.

leahsuede_2_lgI especially loved Tara Subkoff super high heels for Easy Spirit, which has soothed the high heels lovers' feets with those Easy Spirit's signature cushioned insoles. I was seriously debating whether to get one or not every time I shop on shopbop.com and intermix... But they are $430 and that would really put a huge huge cut on my fashion spending allowance on the season which I have just started. So I would just have to adore them...wonder if I would bump into some on the street and be terribly jealous...

ninewestHere is another one of my earlier conquest, the cream color patent high heels from Nine West for $89. I actually got this a few months ago, and everytime I wore it I got quite alot of compliments...I even have someone who mistaken this as a pair of Christian Louboutin ;) However, I have to say it would slowly damage your feet if you insist on wearing it to go shopping...this is definitely very well made and versatile shoes that could match tons of my outfits, and hey, they are actually on sale on for $59.99...sigh...

3034-313757-pI was just randomly shopping at Betsy Johnson on upper west one day, and found this beautiful peep-toe highheels...they are also on sale! It was $224 originally and I got it for about $150 ^^ I love the details of the shoes, the little tassels on each side of the heel with crytals decoration, the metallic leather, the Christian Louboutin like red bottom...so sexy, sassy and fashionably delicious! oh, check out the fuchsia pairs, this one is just mesmerizing...

3832-306362-pMaybe a little too much for me but I am just a little more conservative about shoes...I am those who doesn't want the shoes to be too over powering the whole outfits...but these really...they can definitely make a statement. ;)

pedro Pedro Garcia, one of my favorite shoes designer from spain who make breathtakingly gorgeous heels. Tho as of now I haven't own a pair...(but very high on my shopping list) They are all beautifully crafted, very elegant and classy, I especially love this beige satin platform pumps. They are $327, which is about right for high end designer shoes.

No comments: