Monday, January 29, 2007

LibraStar's Journal: Easy battleground


I think shopping at least once per week gradually turned into some sort of a resolution for me this year. As I always say "I am just gonna go do some market research", even my gullible bf did not buy it. But hey, it is a sample sale!

Thanks to one of new york's worst kept secret, topbutton, I received an invitation to Warehouse Department Store 2 days sale (all sale items 60% off retail, plus 50% off on top of that with a printed coupon), and to my convenience, it is actually in Queens, Middle Neck. Which also means that it would be a much more "calm" and "peaceful" raiding experience.

I somehow got there at around 10am, just to be on the safe side. I was pleasantly surprised that there are actually quite a few nice boutique stores around that area. And the Warehouse Department Store, unlike my initial thought of it being some sort of a basement with racks and piles of clothes laying out - it is spacious, nicely decorated, and full of designer clothes, bags and shoes! Also it wasn't crowded at all, quite therapeutic. I spotted some lovely Sass and Bide white jersey top and black lace top with leather trimming on the neckline, many foxy Valentino flocks, chic and cool M Missoni spring clothes, Badgley Mischka tube dress, gorgeous Marchesa gown...etc. It was all candy to my eyes, however they were like ~1K at retail price so you can imagine this is not gonna be a crazy grab and buy event (at least for me).

I finally made it out of the store with two fabulous items - M Missoni light blue off shoulder knit top and Kay Unger long flowy number. The top just look so effortlessly chic and the dress really elongates my petite frame and definitely look cool and more casual with leggings underneath to tone it down a bit. I am all set to flaunt it this summer!

2 comments:

nj_0720 said...

I love that Missoni top! Gad, it's gorgeous. I subscribe to TopButton too, but didn't receive that notice :(

libraStar said...

oh man...yea I constantly get their emails, maybe you should try to put your name down again?
If you are close to that place you should check it out, they always have discounted items and maybe they still have this one out! :)