Friday, January 26, 2007

Jeans: high, low, skinny, wide...

Once you got your first perfect denim, you will inevitably start your journey of denim obsession. It is like a relationship, because with your favorite pair of jeans you went thru so much of your life with, you will remember them better than your grade school best friends.

My preference is always more towards low raise, with a little stretchy, a slimming effect, and making me seem taller. I remember my love for the low-raise, slim thigh, extra flair leg (with chunky platform shoes underneath) blue jeans that I have from Miss Sixty, I also liked Killah (the secondary brand of Miss Sixty) dark gray, stretchy, slightly flair leg jeans as well. In my early college year, I got my Jill Stuart dark denim capri jeans and the straight leg light wash jeans. I thought I was so chic. I wore that straight leg jeans with stilettos to the local bar with colleagues so much that I was beating it till its so out of shape.

When I started my first job I got myself a pair of medium wash juicy jeans, with the cute quilted packets on the back and really nice fit up to my ankles. I wore that all summer and was also wearing it during the winter with boots. But it was slowly loosing the original color and started to look too faded out.

I did a bit of research when I got my first pair of skinny. Online and also spending hours in the fitting room in Barney's. Then I got my Siwy Hannah Jeans with the cute signature quilted pockets, it instantly became my favorite jeans among all. I later on also got a pair of black J Brand, it was a elegant replacement for the legging look but I only like it with long tunic covering my bottom.

This time around I am looking for other fit to try. The two fits that caught my eyes are the one I saw in topshop, the high raise skinny pants and the Anlo low raise wide leg pants.

There is a great possibility that one of them will steal my from skinny siwy.

Edit: Doesn't this all sound like a journey of romance? Notice that I only have one great love at different period of time, although there will be anonymous flings in between but I only take my greatest love to the important events. Though there will probably be no settling down with jeans I don't think - I just don't see myself wearing a pair of jeans chilling in my backyard with grand kids in my 70s.

No comments: