Thursday, March 15, 2007

LibraStar's Journal: Puff Skirt I

I should have post the skirt that i made from the sewing class a few months back, but it was such a bad skirt so didn't want to show it. Today I made a new one using slightly altered methods and a better fabric (it's a jacquard brocade fabric, the color is silver grey, black with thin gold thread).

It is still a bit too puffy (as you see on the mannequin) so i took the sides in a bit as well as shorten the hem - so the pictures with me wearing the skirt is the final product with the adjustments. I am still not really happy about it, I think mainly this fabric would be much better to do a pencil skirt with or with less pleats - now i learn how pleats would make the skirt look like an umbrella!

My intermediate sewing classes will be starting soon, so I will be posting my new work from time to time. Also I will be doing more designs of tote bags and makeup bags...I know once I start cranking those little bags i won't be able to stop! stay tune~!

No comments: