Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Impeccable Tailoring

I have really been quite disappointed (and uninspired) with the recent stuff that came down on the major runway, by major I mean the stuff that you can look through style.com, or any major fashion mags like Vogue or Harper Bazaar (at least the US ones). Therefore it is absolutely essential to look at some of the most influential blogs like "Diane, A Shaded View on Fashion"(which I have already "advertised" many times), or fashion forums like "The Fashion Spot". These places you will find a lot of insider's information and materials that will only come out in the major mags few months later, or they wouldn't come out at all because some people in the biz think the advertisements pages are more important.

Anyways, one of the thing i would like to achieve in this blog is to archive some of the designers that really inspire me. I feel like my vision and my taste in this fabric manipulation art has been growing along with my blog. If you back track my entries you see stuff that I pick at first are like easy breezy La Rok, Forty's, and Tracy Reese. But what really inspire me now is the more sober, fluid yet feminine design, and more importantly, is the impeccable tailoring that make a piece deserve a timeless status. I found the Fall/Winter 2007 collection by this Argentinian-French designer Gaspard Yurkievich absolutely captivating. The soft flow cling comfortably on the body, the slim dress pants, mini skirt and blazer with big stripes (fabulous detail on the back of the blazer), beautiful sheer contrast with the satin bow on the chest, and its great that he threw in the more whimsical piece like the crochet + feather tube over the sheer grey blue turtle neck, ends with a bubble mini.


No comments: