Monday, February 05, 2007

Fall 2007: Some favorites I

Was over on the west coast this past weekend - really happy that I avoided the dreadful cold at least for a few days, as well as not really touching a computer for a change. Will follow up with my little SF boutique shopping and vintage shopping on the next posts, here I will be sharing some of my fav on the runway so far.

Alexander Wang - I think it is also because I am currently reading "The Beautiful Fall - Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris", I am really mesmerized by Yves Saint Laurent, the genius, whom was described as "le nouvel enfant trist"(meaing the "new sad child", that peculiarly French perception of 1950s youth), his early reign (at age 21!) in the house of Dior, and his depression and electrical treatment during war, and then the glorious year designing under his own name and being the last French classic couturier closing his couture house, thus ending an era of the history of fashion. Anyways, what I perceived is that Wang is also quite inspired by the sensibility of YSL's work this time, there is an old euro-youth vibes here. Not just have clean lines and a fitted silhouette, there is the gold sparkling trims on the short sleeves, the tight leather pants, the classic "bra and coat" and then the obvious one is the makeup.

No comments: