Thursday, October 12, 2006

New York Designers (Part I)

This is already my second year working in nyc...can't believe it! Time goes by so fast, but a lot of times I still feel like a fresh grad. After my 3rd birthday in the city I finally realized one thing different - this year I am wearing an absolutely fabulous dress of a New York comtemportary designer Mara Hoffman, whose line of clothes were also feathered in some episodes of Sex and the City (I later found out this fact). So, this has proof that, at least my wardrobe, have slowly moved away from the college/fresh-grad fashion to more of a twenty something new yorker trend.

I must admit, exploring the New York fashion scene has done a complete makeover for me. I used to shop in the "general area" like Soho, East Village, 5th Ave... but since I started working in the upper west side I began to look at alot of pricey but mysterious brands at boutiques like Montmartre, Intermix, and New York Look.

These are what I found:


001Mara Hoffman - She is my favourite designer now and I actually owned 4 dresses and a black coat from her already (that can almost buy two roundtrip tix to HK...) I have to say what made me fell in love with her instantly and stay in love with her everytime I see her pieces, is that she produces such great quality clothes with very adorable details. She is definitely one New York designer that can keep up to the hype - the feathered Sex and the City designer has vision of her own. She is not the one who just does some bubble dress or feather prints for a sure sell, the way the dress fits the body, the lovely hidden pockets on every dress and coat to create the kind of sexy but cozy effect, the use of luxurious fabric that is soft and gentle to the body. Yes... it's the work of love.

Some items I got:

marah1002216131_347x683bmarah1002216131_347x683fmarah1002216194_347x683fmarah1002316130_347x683fmarah1002912867_347x683d

No comments: