Monday, May 21, 2007

Parsons AAS Student Fashion Show

As a future attendee, I checked out the May Student Fashion Show (papierdoll). I guess it's hard to judge by looking at a few snapshots in the photo gallery, but I have to say the images did very little for me. Maybe I was hoping for a little more originality and sophistication in tailoring that could rival Antwerp Royal Academy, but not much gives me a hint of scholarly attitude in forming a concept, theme, or establishing a signature style. I do recognize some good craftsmanship that is looks very commercial (in a good way, as McQueen said), practical and luxurious, which is a signature strength for New York designers.

All in all I am still really excited and looking forward to my new venture. I believe that the school will provide sufficient knowledge and the outcome really depends on inspirations and hard work.

No comments: