Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Pattern in Fashion

My recent inspiration has been patterns. Dresses with patterns immediately attract my eyes - as well as money in my wallet...The two big purchases were both silk dress with beautiful graphic patterns on it (one is from Anna Sui which is a skirt version of the picture shown below, and one is the blue dress from Plenty by Tracy Reese)

I think that besides fabric and cutting of the garment, pattern is one thing that can really make the garment and its wearer shine. I absolutely admire interior designer Tricia Guild (owner of Designer Guild London), who uses the combination of colors and patterns extensively to create a modern living environment. Her new book is definitely very inspiring for designer of any type.

There are a few more designer which have created beautiful garments with the use of patterns.
(first two are Anna Sui and Plenty, then: Mara Hoffman, Temperley London, Tibi, Tibi)

No comments: