Friday, December 08, 2006

Creative and Elegant Crafts

I like garments with hand crafted details in them, I am definitely not from the nyc minimalist cult (Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, Doo.Ri...etc.), not to say they are not absolutely talented designers, just not the style that I go for.

Being neither too minimalist nor crazily ornamental, Ingwa;Melero caught my eyes for awhile. This design team from small town Germany has definitely brought some handcrafted design over. I never thought crochet could be so chic and sexy. And to pump up the sexiness even more, the cutout leather is used as the accent for the soft, feminine jersey dresses.

I wish there is a good sample sale with some of the following Ingwa;Melero stuff (especially the second pic on the bottom and the one in the big picture on top!)...I am usually super lazy about going to sample sales, but if they could assure me with these beautiful garments in my size I will not hesitate to go all out for it.

No comments: